If you’re looking for ways to save a little money on your bills throughout the festive period, then look no further. We have compiled a simple list of tips to put into action over the Christmas period and the rest of the year to keep your money saving on top form.
- Keeping your heating constantly on a low heat could save more money than turning it on and off when it gets too warm or cold.
- Start to wear more layers around the house, keep blankets in the living room and put extra layers of blankets on your bed and you’ll soon see a difference. You could light a few candles too, you’ll be cosy in no time.
- Save time and energy: Make several meals at a time when using the hobs/oven and utilise the time it is on.
- Heat your home: Turn your thermostat down and leave doors open to allow the oven to heat up your home. Especially when you put that Turkey in on Christmas Day!
- Keep washing your clothes at a steady 30-40°C. Around 90% of a washing machines energy expenditure is spent on heating the water only.
- Keep your tumble drying usage to a minimum – buy a clothes airer and store in the warmest room of the house, you’ll save much more.
- Unplug it! Appliances that are still plugged in continue to use electricity when they aren’t charging, this goes for standby mode too.
- Keep your curtains closed as soon as the sun goes down – an effective trick to keep more heat in!
Make sure you stay warm this winter and implement these simple tips to keep your energy bills as low as can be. If you would like to know more about energy saving measures that you could install in your house to save even more money on your energy bills, please get in touch on 0800 954 9689.