Energy Company Obligation funding (Or ECO funding) was put in place to fund energy efficiency improvements. The main beneficiaries of ECO funding are households living in or at risk of fuel poverty as well as hard to treat properties that will be unable to achieve energy savings without additional support.
Contact Saving Energy UK today to find out what grants and funding might be available to you.
ECO funding is divided into 3 parts:
- Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO or ‘Affordable Warmth’) aims to provide the following to low-income and vulnerable households
- Savings on heating and hot water
- Microgeneration technologies
- Carbon Saving Obligation provides funding for higher costing insulation measures, in order to make them more cost effective. These include:
- Internal solid wall insulation
- External solid wall insulation
- Cavity walls that are difficult to insulate
- The Carbon Saving Communities Obligation ensures that 25% of each energy suppliers obligation is used to assist people in low income areas, including:
- Hard to reach
- Low income
- Rural households